Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment using natural plant extracts to promote health and well being. Aromatherapy uses essential oils which have three distinct modes of action.
- Pharmacological – this is the chemical changes which take place when an essential oil enters the bloodstream and reacts with the hormones and enzymes in the body.
- Physiological – this is the way in which an essential oil affects the systems of the body e.g. by stimulation or sedation
- Psychological – this is when an individual responds to the odour of an essence.
Conditions it may treat:
Skin care – acne, athlete’s foot, cuts/sores, dandruff, dry skin, eczema, insect bites, psoriasis, rashes
Circulation, muscles and joints – Aches and pains, arthritis, gout, high blood pressure, rheumatism
Respiratory system – asthma, bronchitis, coughs, laryngitis, sinusitis
Digestive system – colic, constipation, cramp, indigestion, nausea
Genito-urinary and endocrine systems – Amenorrhoea, painful menstruation, cystitis, menopause, premenstrual tension (PMT), thrush/candida
Immune system – colds/flu, fever
Nervous system – anxiety, depression, headache, insomnia, migraine, nervous exhaustion, sciatica, stress
During consultation, you will be asked questions about your lifestyle and health. Together, we will come up with an individual treatment plan to meet your goals and manage your symptoms. You may have a few sessions with your aromatherapist, or you could decide to have ongoing sessions for a longer period of time.
Since aromatherapy is a complementary therapy, you should talk to your doctor before starting your sessions. That way your essential oil therapy can be tailored to work together with any medical care or treatment you’re receiving.
Our consultation package includes:-
- Initial consultation with a session in aromatherapy (approx. one hour)
- A prescription for the described ailment
- Two further review consultations in consecutive weeks (half an hour each)
- Can also be conducted via online Zoom
Please note that spaces are currently limited.
Once we are in receipt of your payment, we will be in touch to arrange a mutually convenient time for your first consultation.
At present we are unable to offer a massage service but you may take the prescribed oil to your personal masseur.